Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm really excited today!!

I've had to kick the job hunt up a notch or two over the past week as my EI will be running out soon. This was creating concern (no one wants to be homeless, right?) and actually starting to cross over into desperate thoughts as I envisioned myself standing in the meridian of a busy street with a squeegie in my hand. I was actually starting to have some "hmmmm" moments as I'd pass people rummaging through garbage cans for bottles on the streets. Yes, I am worried.

But this week things are started to fall into place and I have a few solid prospects to report (possibly even a new job today!...knocking on wood now).

Tuesday night I got my email working again to see that there was a reply to a an application I'd submitted...a really good (city) job. What a time for email to just doesn't fare well for these things to sit, unnoticed/unaswered. Yesterday I followed up with it on the library computer and things look rather promising! They're interested and this is a very well paying, foot in the door type job.

Also, I got a phonecall from the physio clinic I'd applied at a few weeks ago - a job that had really tweaked my interest. As it turns out, the girl they hired isn't working out and they still need someone...I'm meeting the boss (again) this morning (he's taking me for coffee!). He sounds rather desperate himself...I'd noticed that the clinic was closed on Saturday when I drove by and it's supposed to be open all thinks maybe someone was a no show?!?! Anyhow, he pretty much sounds ready to hire someone on the spot so I'm off to see what the deal is!

Now my big dilemma is this - if he offers me the job then the other place wants to follow up with me, it'll be a pickle. I can't afford NOT to take this opportunity, but the other one is an extremely fantastic position. I was completely sold on the physio clinic until I saw this posting...which had me written all over it.

Off now to see what develops....either way, things are starting to take a positive turn.

(The only downside to this is the incredibly horrible timing...the Zombie family are in town for 3 days and I haven't been able to connect with them (or Mel). Am hoping they're having a lovely time and decide to stay forever. In the interim, I've done my sun dance upon waking each morning...which apparently is working. Barb - my deepest regrets at the bad timing of all of this...will connect someday/somehow. But my heart is there with you...smiling and laughing. xoxo)


Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I really appreciate the sun dance. We had great weather for walking all day on Wednesday.

I hope you get offered BOTH jobs and can take your pick. Is there any chance you would hear about the competitions at the same time? Or if you are offered one of them, you can use the other potential job as a bargaining tool.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Best of luck. Remember that phrase "a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush"....

6:20 AM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Great news, Deb. Do what's best for you if both come through. If that means bailing on the physio guy- so be it- you don't owe him any more than a coffee.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Mike M said...

I was there last year. I know how you feel.

Beleive it will happen, see it in your mind and it will. Get rid of the worring thoughts. The good things come when you only think good thoughts.

I have a new blog. I hope you come visit:

8:35 AM  
Blogger Phaedra said...

If they both come at you at the same time, go with your gut instinct, don't think about, use your tuition. It never steers us wrong. Only when we think and analyze things, do we get sidetrack, and perhaps make the lesser of the options place in front of us!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Deb gets tuition? Right on. ;-)

Hey Deb- how'd it go?

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home