Sunday, May 31, 2009


I've decided not to fight it anymore.

I've changed my thinking and am no longer a useless, unemployed, lazy slob who'll never find work (or love) again - meet the new/improved fit, tanned, happy go lucky vacationer! Amazing what a little sun does for the spirit. In all seriousness, I've suddenly realized that I don't have to HATE not working - that I should just roll with it until something does come my way. So I've reprogrammed my little brain into actually using this time off as just that - time off. And I'm loving it (maybe a little too much - I just opened the crisper to find the jar of Italian seasoning in there.

So, yes, we're a little poorer - but we will survive. Took awhile for the anxiety to pass and for me to see that life's not out to screw me - but there's something to this jobless thing. I am growing my own patio veggies and eating a little "lighter" to ease up on the budget, so we're not officially starving (yet) - we're actually getting healthier. +1

I'm slowly (seen a slug crawl? Think of that, times 100) getting through a few projects that need doing. Well - ok, I'm writing lists and thinking about projects that need to be done. That's a start. +2

I'm finding time to connect with people again. Too bad that it takes funerals to bring people together, but Uncle Fred would've wanted it that way. It's been too long and, yes, I'm free. +3

Linds is likely correct with her observations/analysis of me...she's convinced that I'm bipolar, ADHD, SAD (the seasonal kind), a little depressed, & a tad bit OCD. Throw in middle aged crazy and I think that's about nailed it. But, for now, I'm choosing to roll with the punches and just be happy again.

Broke, rather lazy and extremely happy.

I love you sunshine.

13 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Good attitude, Deb! If you can roll with what life pitches at you, so much the better.

We're coming back out there at the beginning of Sept to set the Offspring up at UBC, so hopefully we can meet up then?

11:58 AM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Don't worry, be happy. Yeah, if you were working- you'd be ready to kill for that sort of time off. Crazy, eh? ;-)

7:13 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Vancouver is sposed to be the most superior town in North America.. which means that just like me in London with such a wealth of museums, theatre, world culture at my disposal you can equally play no part in it!!

No but seriously I was going to say re: my emigrational to Vienna or Berlin or somewhere German-babbling and cuckoo-clock-ish there was a list of best-appointed towns in the western world and Vancouver and Vienna were right at the TOP ~ whoopee!!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Barb...I'd love that. I really felt so sad that it didn't work out last go.

W/N....exactly. It took me awhile to actually figure out that I really needed to make the most of my "vacation" time here. ;)

Gleds...so perhaps Vancouver should be your destination!?!? Just sayin'. ;)

12:10 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Great attitude, Deb! I hope you're enjoying this lovely weather we've been having lately. :)

4:29 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

hey THAT's an idea...

10:54 AM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Yea but your still cute, have fun dear...eddie

5:22 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

DEBS WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU COME BACK PLEASE!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

So I can't log into my own account now?

2:04 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

You're shut out of your own blog?

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

iai pessual atre nomeu si vc a siste a novela malhação

8:59 AM  
Blogger brunoiracemamix@blogspot.com said...

e nois q comanda

4:34 PM  
Blogger mido31 said...

http://momomido31.blogspot.com/

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home