Sunday, August 29, 2010

A new & improved/happier Deb


Anybody (still) out there?

First of all - sad that people connect, then disconnect here in the blogworld. Most have moved on to those cesspools otherwise known as Facebook & Twitter (whom we will now refer to as Twitfaces), but some have just plain disappeared. And that saddens me (WN - you know who you are).

I am doing well. Extremely well - saw my doctor Thursday for the first time in nearly two years and he went "wow, you're looking great". So I guess that's good.

I am a summer person - have always known that. Am happiest when it's summer and I can spend half my day outside. Am back to a pretty rigid fitness routine - was missing from my life for awhile and it's a big piece that needs to be in place if I am to be truly happy. Have been running since I was 12. Started swimming/aerobics in my teens. It's just part of who I am and I feel complete with a dumbbell in my hand.

Work is great. Insanely busy and chaotic - but that's how I roll. The people are fantastic and as crazy as I am, so it works well for me.

Have been moderating on the Canucks forums, which is where I spend 98% of my non work/family related time. Great people there, too. So it seems that I'm surrounded by them, which is a big part of my overall happiness these days.

The downside in my life - road rage. I could shoot people when I drive - no questions asked. Would likely be easier on all of us. Today I fingered 3 people in one trip. Outta control. They are.

But I'm working on them. We'll get them straightened out soon.

That's it - a whole lotta nothing. But a smile on my face, and that's fairly new.

:)

13 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Glad to hear things are going so well Deb. :)

I've been feeling the same way about driving here lately. I went into Van on the weekend and people where driving like maniacs. Reminded me of that George Carlin quote: "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?”

Keep smiling, and enjoy these last few days of summer! Hugs. xo

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very tempted to do a MOMAR race next year see http://www.mindovermountain.com/momar/
That would be a good culmination (I don't think I've ever typed that word before) to your winter ftiness training. Don't ya think?

Smiles on your face is a good thing

10:14 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

So glad to hear you are doing well, Deb.

I'd love to hear more about your job! You spend a big part of your day there, so why not do something you enjoy?

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a new visitor. I am a Canadian too. I am watching a TV show about Honour Killing. I am very, very angry. What do you think about this???

DJD

8:49 PM  
Blogger Toccata said...

I get bike rage all the time!

So glad to hear you are enjoying your job and life is treating you fine.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Phaedra said...

glad to hear things are going so good for you Deb - about darn time! I am no longer on FB(to much of a time-waster and drama inducer) and I apologize for not stopping by sooner. xox

7:53 AM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Still here, Deb, you can always find me at whitenoise.and.random.thoughts@gmail.com

Took my blog private due to a stalker but haven't updated since last spring. Also busy running- did your Vancouver BMO half last May and the Scotia half in Toronto last month. 1:45 in the last race. ;-)

3:08 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

And, glad to hear that all is well!

3:09 PM  
Blogger TK Kerouac said...

Glad to see you still have your blog.
email me

tkkerouac@gmail.com

7:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

testing, that's all

10:54 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Debs why donch post something else?

I tried those cesspools but hate them. They are not "blogs" just noticeboards. You cannot blog on Facebook and twitter is for those with neurological problems who have problems naming objects (eg the man who mistook his wife for a hat) ~ tht way the 160 character limit is no trouble for 'em!

Thanks for your recent greetings. It's been all chaos my end since I gave up the drink and drugs. I gave up drugs last december, then went back on, then off again. Methadone was there for me when I needed it but I go mentally ill on methadone, which is why I couldn't do it before.

As for alcohol I just have to remind myself what a drinker is like and that I don't want to be one and that puts me right off!

I hope you're still OK, take care Debs XX

6:57 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

or even why doncha post something else

my A key is dodgy you have to hit it with x2 force ~ most exceedingly inconvenient

7:02 AM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

hey :-)

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home