Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Shitanigans

November has not been kind to me so far. The car broke down. Twice. Towtrucks and transit and all kinds of bad things followed. I did learn this though: morning bus drivers are awesome, evening drivers need exorcisms and/or Xanax. Night/day stuff. Then the furnace blew. Dad's waited until the following day, to be sure we couldn't sneak in any two for one housecalls. NO-vember. No fun. No piece of mind or relaxation. Just no. Today a seemingly simple jaunt for errands with Dad turned into something different when, after depositing my paycheque at the Bermuda Triangle drive through debit machine, it played whack a mole with my card. Told me to take it, but pushed it out far enough to be flush with the slot (only). Went back in, said "nanananana", then did it again - 3 times. I had my hammer in hand by this time, ready to fix the problem when an error message came up telling me my card would be retained. NO. I need that card...you see, no one gives me free gas for work. Groceries are required, unless the veggie lasagna I'd planned for tonight is made of jam and eggs. I NEED my card. It is the IV that keeps the money flowing to my wallet. I have no credit cards, no rich sugar daddies and when something stands between me and my debit card, it's a 9.8 on the richter. Just popped off a lovely email because if those people at Coast Capital think their Monday morning is going to be carefree and easy, they're wrong. I will be waiting for them to courier my card to me. NO (there's that word again) - I want it sent by limousine. With wine on board. Driven by Kevin Bieksa. Fucktards.

4 Comments:

Anonymous adriel said...

Hi Deb! It's nice to see that you're still writing! :) Take care!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Oh man, this month needs to be over! Now! Hope things start running a little more smoothly for you, Deb.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

There's a bank over here that does a scheme where if you lose the card they give you a long special number, you go to the cash machine cardless, type in that number and get instant access to your account!
(I hope this doesn't make you feel even more annoyed.)
Yes I wrote a book. I don't know whether it's any good, but I came up with ideas for another NINE.
When I tried writing books before and finished, I could never get inspired enough to write about anything else on demand. So I reasoned if I keep the same characters...
Never was a fan of serial charaters before, but now I see their appeal.......
O yeah I put a video up for you today. It is by NASA. I think I put it up years ago but some eejut went and put in a copyright claim/deleted it.
Urrrr I'm trying to think up any news>
O yeah did you know I'm officially a lunatic now?
I went mad in late 2010 ~ hallucinations and manic euphoria.
It was fun while it lasted but I've been kind of "bipolar" ever since. The dr used the word "schizoaffective" but that means the same thing. Same medication.
(Did I tell you that before? I can't recall.)
Well I'm glad you're SURVIVING... we're all SURVIVING... when is the world going to stop treading water and move on??? Know what I mean?

9:15 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

O yeah still on the drugs. Just not as much.
Methadone 30mg and can actually go several days on it without climbing walls. Amazing, huh?

When I'm multimillionaire international children's author of mystery I'm going to a PRIVATE CLINIC where they dish out anything you want (they have them in this country, though most of the drs got struck off in the 1990s)... I'm gonna ask for morphine pills. It's widely used in various countries as an alternative to methadone and somebody gave it to me a few years ago unofficially. I felt WAY BETTER.

OK I will shut up now. Great to hear from ya Debs!

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home