Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I Give Up

The leak that I spoke of earlier is the worst case scenario....a pipe in the slab/foundation under my unit. Though I'd called THURSDAY night to have someone come out to address it, they arrived yesterday and were too late. I came home from work at 3:30 to find my basement flooding - into the panelling, rugs, etc. I grabbed everything in site and chucked it out, into the carport, as it was soaking in the water. It was the worst possible time for this...the room that flooded contained boxes of stuff that I'd moved into there so the reno's could be done....antiques, books, hockey memorabilia, etc. I think I managed to work quickly enough to save most everything...time will tell as I unpack boxes and sort through "wet" and "dry". The city had to come out and shut the water off from outside (I'm now hooked, by garden hose, to my next door neighbour's supply). Everyone is "passing" the buck on this one and, as I haul stuff out from my crawlspace in order to allow a crew to access what they may need to, no one's even slated to come yet. A lot of phone tagging and arguing "no, YOU do it" is transpiring, back and forth. The strata management company and insurance company (handling my other reno's, from the massive roof leak) are ping ponging while I'm on hold, lifejacket in hand. I fucking hate water. And, wouldn't you know it, it's POURING here today, completely soaking the (working) TV that was hauled out into my carport last night by the restoration team. I have boxes of Christmas decorations and other shit and I just want to curl up in a ball and say "go away world". But, I've taken (my first ever) day off work to try and tackle...what? I don't even know what I should be doing. My property manager is away (holidays) all week, explaining why no one's been looking after me. I've just learned that.

Sorry guys, to be such a downer. I'm "over and out" for awhile, as I try and save what's left of my sanity. A lot of tears, swearing and questioning right now. I'll be back (sporadically) in the "in betweens" where I need to regroup and reach out to my friends (you guys). Alana, get your mom on that dance for me. You God fearing people - be saying a lot of prayers with the name "Deb" in them, ok? I'll return the karma someday, if I ever find some.

Fingers crossed as I watch my life crumble to ruins.

5 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I cannot fucking believe this! Haven't you gone through more than enough bullshit with water in your place already? If there's anything I can help with, please tell me. Seriously, letters, phone calls, whatever. You need a hand.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Thank you Barbara. I went in to work for a couple of hours (despite having booked the day off) just to get away from it all for a bit. This is major work and I can't help but think that the volume of water that poured through here during the roof leak didn't do some structural damage, creating this new mess. I'll be fighting tooth and nail and certainly appreciate your offer...may just take you up on that!!!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Alana Elliott said...

Oh my god Debz, I'm so sorry this is all happening, it sounds horrible. I wish I could do something to help, if only I knew stuff about plumbing and flooding and...*sigh*, the best I can do is tell you I'll be here to listen whenever you need it. Oh, and I'll get my Mom on that dancing for you ASAP. :P LOL, you're so funny.

Oh yeah! Did you get that email I sent you (from Allison)?? Let me know if it helped at all.

Well Ms.Debz, I'll be thinking about you, and I'll do my best to mentally send you some of my (currently fading) good luck. I'll chat with you soon.

Much love. :)

8:49 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Thank you Alana. I hope I'm not rubbing off on you and sending some of this shit your way. I know you'll get on track with things, you're bright, intelligent and "if they can do it you can" applies here. Just be patient and speak up if the manager's dropping the ball.

I haven't even checked my email in days (which is the norm for me)....scared it'll be leaking too! I will - thanks for the effort. I probably won't do much right now - it's all I can do to just post/comment. I'm just feeding off this moral support and trying to throw a little comic relief in to put a smile on during this crap.

Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart. You've become a good friend, regardless of whether we've actually "met" or not. I value your friendship, very much. That applies to all of you ; )

Deb

9:23 AM  
Blogger Alana Elliott said...

You're very, very welcome Debz.

I don't think meeting in person has to define friendship these days. We may not have met eachother but we certainly know a lot about eachother and are supportive and considerate. I consider you a friend too. :)

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home