Thursday, September 21, 2006

It's All Good!!!

OK, it's about time I had some good news. Today I woke up and it was a beautiful day...the sun was shining and, as I trudged downstairs to continue the "wet/dry" assessments, I decided I wasn't going to let things beat me. That as long as Mom and Dad and the kids were o.k. then I was also. Bring it. Material stuff...blah, blah, blah.

I started carting out boxes that were in storage and sorting through them - mostly Christmas decorations and that kind of
"seasonal" stuff. The job was long overdue and I thought of it as an opportunity to get things done that I hadn't gotten around to (and probably never would have).

I noticed that someone had come and rigged up an industrial type hose outside and I sighed a big breath of relief at the comfort of knowing I probably wouldn't have to endure yet another leak. The plumbers had done it early in the morning. Then I heard from the strata management company....ALL GOOD NEWS!! They were looking after things and would have some plumbers and the restoration guys over today. When the plumbers did arrive, they dug out a huge trench in the front (I joked with them, saying "good, you've got it all ready....can I just climb in now?", referring to what looked like a grave that was just about my size. They actually found a wallet buried in there - not sure what was in it. I was kind of creeped out by it and told them that, if they found the decomposed remains of someone who was carrying the wallet, I know nothing. We had a good laugh (which I really needed). Turns out the plumber used to live around here and we had the same stompin' grounds growing up.

The really, REALLY GOOD NEWS also came about this time...the leak isn't in the foundation. Can you see me dancing?? It's right at the wall, where the outside line comes in and it's the strata's responsibility, not mine. So life is beginning to turn around it seems. (I'm knocking on wood, just in case).

Mom and Dad stopped by (I've been so guilty of ignoring them throughout this ordeal). Mom had her hair done and looked nice - she was on her way to meet with the oncologist. I reassured her that it's a good day to do that - I'm sure we'll get more good news. It's just turning out to be that kind of day.

Whoopee! Thanks again, friends, for seeing me through some rough times.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alana Elliott said...

Wooohoooo!!!

That's such good news, I'm so happy to hear that all of that horrible leaking crap is FINALLY being taken care of!!

Karma baby, karma! :P

LOL, okay but honestly, I'm psyched to hear about this, it's about time!

YAY!!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Thanks my dear. What a roller coaster ride I've been on. Looks like we both had a better day...glad things smoothed over for you, too. Black runners kick ass for working in. You'll be running the joint in no time ;)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm so glad to hear your happier news. It's about time things started turning around and normalizing for you.

Nothing like joking over an open grave with some plumbers to cheer you up!

9:59 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

OMG your comment about the grave "killed me" heehee

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home