Friday, February 02, 2007


I'm going to the drive by the Oval site and see where the fuck all my money's going. I haven't driven by once, although that used to be one of my favorite routes in the world - along River Road. There was a little fitness circuit right up on the water and across the river were the airport/mountains...spectacular pictures/scenery. Now I bet they've killed it all. I don't even know if any of it's accessible anymore...I'm just curious to see what's developing there. I'm all for development - don't get me wrong. And this facility will be world class. It's just, c'mon - what the fuck are we going to use it for after 2010? Hopefully a hospital. But I think it will be another big waste of space that cost a bazillion to maintain every year. Like watermania, the big indoor pool here that has air quality that makes you gag when you're in there. My son and I always knew it, it was suffocating. And reports have just been released to confirm it - the ventilation system is inadequate making for very poor air quality. I don't know if they do anything right here in Richmond anymore. Beautiful place being run by clowns.

4 Comments:

Blogger Toccata said...

I was all for having the Olympics here but I am now very worried that we will be able to pull them off. I'm also worried that the 2010 Olympics will plunge us into debt like it did to Montreal.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Our council here is spending like there's no tomorrow and everything's going to the Oval. What bothers me is that we have local tradesmen, talent, ideas that are being overlooked. I think the consulting company for the Oval is based in Seattle...why? Keep the money invested here.

One trip that council took to (I think four of them went and probably took their wives too) resulted in them learning that the red paint melted the ice surface and we need to use blue on the insidewarmup ring. The internet could've helped with that - they didn't need to whoop it up for a week. I was born and raised and wanted to stay here...but it's getting harder all the time. With property taxes coming up I shudder to think of how much they're going to increase.

Don't get me wrong...I'm all for the Olympics too. I was very excited when we won the bid...I'm just also very concerned with what I'm seeing here so far.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

i think wv just called me a name

11:24 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

and miss negative nelly is on a roll here (God, my language has been terrible and I apologize...I'm just really noticing as I read over my stuff lately cause I forgot what I wrote. Geesh, it's bad).

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home