Friday, February 02, 2007

Tonight


My usual trip to home away from home. Watched Canucks with Mom (sort of). Ty went to the game. Not fair. Nazzy scored a beautiful backhander and hopefully he'll get back on track. Chippy game. Oilers suck (sorry Alana. Oh, Ryan doesn't. He's hot.).

Sign me up.

Went and picked Linds up from the community centre. She's the coolest, so are her friends. Tonight was wheelchair basketball and apparently they made a "training" video on how to play because only four of them showed up for practice. And we found out Lindsay's picture from last year's tourney (where she won MVP) is being used on the "Wheelchair Basketball BC" posters to be displayed at tournaments. I wish I'd been so productive at 15. But I was somewhere in Seattle, trying to find my way home.

Super heroes. (This is weird...this is Lindsay's friend Jesse. He plays too...he's awesome. Turns out his Mom's an old friend from grade school who I hadn't seen in years...small world).

8 Comments:

Blogger Toccata said...

Hey, give Linds my congratulations. That's really cool about the poster. I hope when the posters are made you can post a picture of it. Yeah Canucks! No doubt it was all due to Ty's cheering them on from the stands.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

You've got some great kids! I agree with Toccata, I'd love to see the poster too.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes put Lindsay's picture/poster up!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I've tried to get a copy of the poster but so far no go. I think when the season's over they'll make new ones and I'll be able to get one then.

It's reassuring when you learn that your kids are doing positive things out there in the world. This age can be so tough... some of her friends are dabbling in "E" and she's staying strong and keeping connected with stuff that's giving her a focus. That's hard sometimes, to leave friends behind who aren't on the same path as you. I know because I buckled under to the peer pressure and ran with a bad crowd at her age and I'm glad she isn't following in my footsteps.

Yeah Canucks!!!

10:09 AM  
Blogger junky said...

I'll take "diseases of the mouth" for 200 please Alex...

10:20 AM  
Blogger junky said...

I'll take "diseases of the mouth" for 200 please Alex...

10:24 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I think I must have one and it's causing me to cuss like a trucker lately...yeah, I'll blame it on my mouth disease.

(like the Jeopardy reference...reminded me of the SNL skits with Will Ferrel as Alex and where "Sean Connery" was completely out of control. I might have to go post one now if I can find one on YouTube)

11:27 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

hey, where'd your pretty face go? :(

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home