Friday, September 08, 2006

My 55 - Music (as stolen from Zombieville)

1) Stairway to Heaven, The Rain Song, Thank You (Led Zeppelin)
4) The Fine Art..., Tripoli, Black Helicopter, Blue Skies Over.... (& 100 more by Matt Good, but I’ll stop here)
8) More, The Box, Water, UFO (Holly McNarland)
11) What’s Up (4 Non Blondes)
12) Nautical Disaster, It’s A Good Life..., Pigeon Camera, Blow At High Dough, Poets,
Fiddler’s Green (Etc., Hip)
18) Aneurysm, School, Oh Me, Something In the Way (Nirvana)
22) Nutshell, Don’t Follow (Alice In Chains)
24) Black, Release, Footsteps, Half Full, Grievance, Crazy Mary, Alive, I Am Mine,
Immortality, All Or None (PJ)
34) My Way Out, Black Black Heart, Breath, Dogs, Underground, St. Lawrence River
(David Usher)
40) Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns (Mother Love Bone)
41) Black Coffee (Everlast)
42) Advertising on Police Cars, Born To Kill (MG - oh God, it’s started already)
44) Everybody (Stabilo)
45) Truth Doesn’t Make A Noise, I Can’t Wait, Same Boy You’ve Always Known (White
Stripes)
48) Turn The Page (Bob Seger)

Time out...I already feel stress over “oh yeah, what about Beatles? Neil Young? Pink Floyd? We need a “55 that jump right out at ya’” and “55 that you think about”. 110...that’s the number.

49) Wish You Were Here (Radiohead - sorry PF...love this cover)
50) Pigs On The Wing, Great Gig In The Sky, Us And Them, Shine On.... (Pink Floyd)
54) Wow (Kate Bush)
55) The Man You Fear (Marilyn Manson)

(So, I just thought of 8 more....this is definitely Part 1. I couldn’t possibly stop here - perhaps Barbara’s idea of one song per artist is the only way. Somehow I just can’t do that)

7 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Hurt (Johnny's cover - as Trent said, "when Johnny does a song, it becomes his song"

Painted On My Heart - Cult

Top Of The World - Dixie Chicks

Silver Springs - Fleetwood Mac

This will be an ongoing process. Oh oh Barbara, what have you started?

6:29 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

)

I noticed I hadn't closed my brackets (again).

;)

6:30 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Sorry! I know, it's addictive. And do you know what's worse? Ben kindly reminded me that I will be haunted by the ones I left out and it is true, so I'm passing that curse along to you.

That is a very fine list, my friend. I love the representation of Matt Good and the Hip in there.

Doesn't David Usher have the nicest hair?

9:02 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

So by the time we're finished it will be top 124,947. It's funny, as a music lover, I tend to "forget" about "favorite" songs at times. Then I'll hear one or someone will mention one and that sets me off on a month's worth of revisiting it and playing it until my ears fall off.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Barbara (also) - David does have nice hair (along with everything else...I just adore him)

He and Holly were on tour before and I would've given my left arm to see that show...at the time I wasn't aware of it, so missed out :(

2:44 PM  
Blogger Alana Elliott said...

Yeah man, I'm down for that list!! That's crazy awesome, nice job! :)

6:00 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Thanks...so many more have flooded my brain since then. But I tried to rattle off stuff I listen to, which probably signifies my "favorites".

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home