Friday, September 01, 2006

Time To Fight (Again)

A quick update: looks like it was a good idea for me to push for Mom's admittance/stay at hospital. Further testing has revealed tumors on her brain and she's in for the long haul (again). I feel like going back to that little shithead doctor in emergency who treated me like I was totally overreacting and bringing him up to speed on a few things. I just might. If we'd left things to him, Mom would've gone home and God knows how long before we would've learned the truth.

I feel very optimistic and hopeful. We're fighters and there's a few more hands of Texas Hold 'Em with her name on them. Tired....later guys!

2 Comments:

Blogger Alana Elliott said...

I think you totally should go back to that doctor, Deb! Let him know what a complete fuck up he was. Doctors should be told that more often.

When my Grandma first started getting sick recently, she went to the ER and they told her she had a viral infection and gave her antibiotics. Instead, she had a bacterial infection, had multiple surgeries, lost one of her eyes, has had to return to the ER twice in the last two weeks...all because the initial doctor fucked up, and if he had caught the infection on time, none of it would have happened.

Seriously, I say go to the doctor, and tell him what a complete fuck up he is. We actually got that doctor to phone around the family and apologize for his mistake, and you rightly deserve the same.

Your Mom's the epitomy of "trooper", Deb. Just be there for her (which without a doubt I know you will), that's all anyone really wants. I'll be thinking of you. <3

*hugs*

2:10 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I've actually been really fortunate with my experiences with the medical profession, but I seem to be the exception.

My heart goes out to you and your family - you are dealing with so much. I wish your mom strength to fight this.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home